Lodi Beer Fest & BBQ Championship
Saturday, April 21, 2018 – Lodi, CA
What pairs best with the region’s best beer fest?
Championship BBQ of course!
Think of it as a BEER-B-Q! This event is so much more than a Beer festival and a BBQ contest, it’s a Kansas City BBQ Society (KCBS) sanctioned four meat Championship Series event, a Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue (draw) an American Royal Invitational Qualifier, as well as a Team of the Year (ToY) event for KCBS.
Contestants cook 4 meats:
• Pork Ribs
• Boston Pork Roast (Pork Shoulder/Boston Butt)
• Beef Brisket
Which may be cooked using heat sources of
• Charcoal (Lump or Briquettes)
Entries are presented blindly to judges in (provided) 9″ x 9″ (Styrofoam to-go style) containers. They are judged on the following criteria:
- Combined with region’s premier BEER FEST – discounted admission to the “all you can drink” beer fest will available to all teams & judges
- Large & Level Team Sites!
- 20/50 amp “shore” power INCLUDED – from your arrival until your departure!
- Real bathrooms (no portables!)
- Onsite Showers
- Onsite dump station
- Nearby water hookups
- Grass or pavement spaces available (choices as available), no dirt!
- Access to full kitchen with 3 basin hot water sink for dishwashing
- Free Ice
- Short walk from all team sites to INDOOR Judging
- Thursday Arrival & Sunday Departure no problem (with power from your arrival to your departure)
- Centrally located just a few miles off I-5, <1 mile off CA-99, ~250 miles north of Bakersfield
- Taste of BBQ 75/25 split (no PC voting), no admission (or parking fees!) for folks to come check out (or buy) BBQ – DEADLINE FOR ENTRY to Taste of BBQ is 3/20/18
- Taste of BBQ Teams can also sell soft drinks (soda, water, sports drinks, lemonade, tea, coffee)
- Guaranteed $8,500 CASH payout in this KCBS State BBQ Championship! Prize Breakdown to be posted here soon. A completed W-9 form is required for us to issue ANY payments. We will also have them on site so as not to delay any payments.